CONTACT:

mhkilmore@yahoo.com

22/11/2016

Wild Flower Time in Kilmore

A KILMORE GARDEN OF EDEN

Chocolate Lilies en masse
Trigger Plant Stylidium?
When I have my car serviced, it is always returned with one of those little sweet Christmas trees in a plastic bag. These are supposed to make your car smell pleasant, but I find the scent overpowering.

Australian Buttercup
Yesterday, walking in the Monument, the scent was just as overpowering. It was so strong I thought perhaps I had one of the car perfume packs in  my camera bag. It was a sweet and chocolaty aroma.

Chocolate lilies!  I have never seen them growing so densely. The ground is covered in them to almost a metre in height. They are not just in patches, they are everywhere. As I waded through them my legs and trousers became smeared with patches of purple.
Early Nancy





I knelt down at one stage to take  picture and without having to move off my knees, I was able to photograph at least a dozen other flowering plants. There were yellows, blues, whites, purples, pinks and oranges, all there, mixed up together.

Ivy-leaf Violet










Golden Everlasting Daisies












Bulbine Lily

Showy Podolepis 





Chocolate Lily





Slender Rice Flower






Donkey Orchid












Blue Button

Tall Bluebell White Form Wahlenbergia Stricta





















Yellow Buttons




      

Tall Bluebell












 
Fleabane
                                                  
    

No comments: